Family

Family
Joy of my life!!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Confession- I am an addict.

Confession-  I am addicted to Diet Pepsi BIG time.  I have seriously been drinking a huge amount of pop daily since I was a young teenager.  Its like a way of life for me.  I drink it upon rising, I carry a fountain cup with me everywhere I go, I am known to carry cans of pop in my purse or coat pockets in case my cup runs dry and there is not fountain machines around.  I buy 2 liter bottles when we leave for a trip and just keep filling my glass as we head down the highway.  I probably purchase at least 3 sometimes 4 of the 44 oz fountains a day and on top of that I can demolish a case of pop at home in 3 to 4 days.  It is CRAZY bad.  So I have decided I am going to seriously try get break lose of this addiction.  
Today is my first day and I started my day with a 44 oz fountain pop and am currently ending my day with a 44 oz fountain pop.  I had no pop in between.  I know, I know, 88 ozs of pop is still a HUGE amount of pop, but for me its not.  The worst part is although I have still had about 1/3 of what I normally drink in a day, my head is not feeling the best.  I had some green tea today hoping that would replace some of the caffeine so I could avoid this headache, but I am realizing its probably the aspartame or lack of that is contributing to this headache I have going on right now.

So can I get this addiction of mine under control without any intervention? :)  I think I can, I gave up a 2 1/2 pack a day cigarette habit and gave all the glory to God.  NO patch, not hypnotist, but alot of prayer and the blessing of God's favor......so here I go down another road of seeing what I have in me and how much I will hand over to God and how much of it I will try to handle myself.  :)


           
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment