Family

Family
Joy of my life!!

Saturday, November 26, 2011

I am thankful for my daughter Tara

She was 4 years old when I met her.  The first day I met her she jumped right up into her dads truck and was ready to conquer the world...... or at least the boys that she'd be spending the weekend with.  :)  Being the oldest of 2 boys at the age of 4 was a pretty big responsibility and one that if ANYONE could handle, TARA could. 

Assuming the position of being a parental figure but not crossing the line and trying to take the "Mom" spot in a child's life can be somewhat of a tough rope to balance in itself.  Add to that, the fact you are 22 years old and have spent your last 3 years learning how to parent a son and now need to be able to apply that to a 4 year old little girl, it can be even a bit tougher.  I am very thankful that Tara wasn't to much of a girly girl and even at the age of 4 could show me some grace for not always knowing exactly what I was doing. 

I am thankful for Tara's desire to just jump in and have a good time.  I am thankful for the older sister role she played in the boys life when she was younger and her desire to be helpful.  At the age of 9 she had 4 younger brothers and she could be very helpful.  I am thankful for her adventurous spirit and her desire to try new things in life. 

I am thankful for the areas in Tara's life that she has made room for me to get to be part of some of the "mother/ daughter" things that you just dont get to do with boys.  Although I love my boys to pieces, I am thankful I was able to be part of some of the girl things with Tara as well.  I am thankful for her including me on lots of boy talk when she was in middle school and high school, I am thankful for getting to help her pick out a few dresses for the school dances and for getting to be part of helping her with her wedding.  Sitting around the table with her as we made her flowers for her wedding is a memory I will always be thankful for.  I do cherish the memories I have with Tara and I am thankful I have her as a daughter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment