Family

Family
Joy of my life!!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

I am thankful for my son Derek

As I am finally getting ready to wind down after a wonderful weekend I would like to give thanks for my son Derek Quinby.  We just got done spending the weekend celebrating his 15th birthday and for the life of me I cannot figure out where the years have went. 
I am so thankful for Derek and the joy he brings to our family.  Derek is just one of those guys that can make you smile no matter whats going on and he is always true to himself in the way that what you see is what you get.  He doesn't change to please other people or act a certain way so he can fit in with the crowd.  He is true to himself and what he believes in.  Unfortunately being true to yourself at 15 years old and not giving in to act the way many 15 year old feel its necessary to act and talk to win others over, isn't always the most popular route but one I am glad Derek has chosen to take.

I am thankful for the way Derek treats other people.  Anyone who has had Derek for a friend knows he is one of those friends that is going to be there for you no matter what.  He has always been good to other people and treats them with respect.  I have gotten so many compliments from teachers etc, over the years that are so amazed with how good Derek is to his classmates and anyone he comes in contact with.  I am thankful that I can be proud of the way he treats other people. 

I am thankful for Dereks attitude and the way he looks at things in life, thankful for his character and the way it shines in his actions, thankful for his love to his family, his loyalty to those who love him, thankful for his love for God and willingness to follow God and not follow the crowd.  I am thankful for his integrity, his cheerful personality, his AMAZING sense of humor, his willingness to try new things and give it 100%, thankful that he never gives up on himself or others and most importantly I am soooo thankful that Derek Andrew-Scott Quinby is my son.  I love him so much and can't imagine even for a micro bit of a insty bitsy second, what my life would have been like, had I not had Derek for a son.  He has added so much to my life and I am forever thankful to God for choosing ME to be his mother.   Another birthday has past and I am looking forward to celebrating each year with Derek, his birthday WEEK, Derek EVE and his Birthday.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment