Family

Family
Joy of my life!!

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful for my son Aaron

He was 2 and half years old when I met him. I fell in love with his father at the age of 22 and instantly went from having my own 3 year old son to an additional 2 children.  My now-daughter Tara who was 4 and Aaron.  I remember when I first met him, we were riding in his dad's work truck and he being just a little guy put one hand on his dads lap and said "My Daddy", then he placed his hand on my lap and said as a question "Mommy?"  We both told him that I was Becky.    Aaron had his Mommy and there was no reason to confuse him nor did I ever plan to take her place, Aaron seemed content with our answer.  However, little did I know on that day many years ago, that regardless if I wasn't the "Mommy" and never would be the "Mommy" because in all fairness, he had one..... I would grow to love him just like any Mommy loves her son. 

I am very thankful for my relationship with Aaron.  Due to the circumstances, things were not always the easiest and to be honest there were a few times we down right struggled with our place in each others lives. I am so thankful for Aaron's willingness to keep moving forward.  I am thankful for his down to earth outlook on things and his ability to try to understand how the other person is feeling.  I am thankful for the way Aaron pays attention to other people and has a genuine interest in how other people are doing in their lives.  Aaron is a supportive person of other people and the goals that person has in their lives and he shares in other peoples excitement when they have accomplished something. 

I am thankful for Aaron's enthusiasm, he is always up to trying new things and trys to keep a positive outlook on what we are doing.  I am also thankful for his even temper and how he is slow to anger and carefully considers different perspectives.  He is the person who likes to try to calm the storms.   He is also  a good guy to have around when trying to get something accomplished.  He doesn't give up easily and is good at encouraging those around him that if there is a will there is a way.  An example of that would be his ability to be handed a tent he has never seen before, that is probably missing half the poles and no instructions, yet he still puts forward his best effort and can usually set the thing up.  To me this is a testament of keeping a good attitude toward all possibilities.

I am most thankful for Aaron's heart, his willingness to see things for what they are instead of what things may seem to be.  I am thankful for the many conversations we have had and the many times we have been able to work thru difficult situations.  I am very proud of Aaron and the way he treats the people in his life and the respect he displays for himself.  I consider it a blessing to have gotten to play in some sort of parental role in his life and become good friends thru the years.  Although I know and respect the fact that I will never be Aaron's "Mommy" he will always be my son, whom I love dearly and am very thankful for.  I love you Aaron and am glad we have the relationship we have, you are a blessing in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment