Family

Family
Joy of my life!!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I am thankful for my son Daniel

I am thankful for my son Daniel.   Daniel is my 2nd child I gave birth to and I was 23 years old when he was born.  Since he is going to be turning 19 years old not much past the turn of the new year, it seems like so long ago but yet it also seems like just yesterday when he came into this world.

I am very thankful for his way of getting people to look at the 'other' side of things.  He is one of those people you can sit and talk to for hours about anything from the Bible to why people behave in different ways.  I am very thankful for the many conversations I have had with Daniel and the different ideas that he brings to the table. 

I am thankful for Daniel's love for God and his willingness to try to follow him and live his life for God and not of the world.  As Daniel has grown up I watched how his love he has had for the Lord has sometimes separated him from other people.  I have watched as he has learned and grown from these experiences and although he may have at different times wandered down the path of trying to figure out what the world is about, he has always come back to the roots and foundation of what God has planned for his life.  I am thankful for my relationship with Daniel and his willingness to be open and honest with me and allowed me to share in his life regardless of where he is at.  I am thankful for his transparency and willingness to allow people to see his heart and who he is. 

I am thankful for Daniel's funny side that makes me laugh, his sweet side that is generous with compliments for other people, his love for people and his ability to see the good in people. I appreciate the way Daniel treats his family. I am thankful for his work ethic and his willingness to work hard with his schooling.  I am thankful for his attentiveness and the thoughtful way that he asks me how things are in my life.  Daniel is a joy to have as a son and I think I have learned as much from him as what I have taught him.  I am thankful that the Lord decided to bless me with being his mother and am thankful for the friendship we are building now that he has become an adult.  I cannot imagine my life without having Daniel in it.  Thank you God for allowing me to be Daniel's mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment