Family

Family
Joy of my life!!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful for my son Mark

When I look back at how young I was when I had my oldest son Mark, it amazes me.  I was barely 19 years old the day he was born.  I am so thankful that God's grace was over me and helped me.  I am so thankful that although I was so young he blessed me with such a wonderful son.

I am thankful for Mark and the way he stands up for everything he believes in.  I am thankful for his loyalty to the people he loves and his willingness to stand behind people and support people.  Mark is one of the most loyal people you are ever going to meet.  Hes that one guy that most people who know him would quickly say his name if they were asked, "If you were in a position you needed someone to have your back, who would you choose?"  I am thankful for Mark's heart and his willingness to consider how other people might be feeling.   You may not always see it, but he is always taking in what is being said and he is open to considering the other side.  I am thankful for this quality because it opens his heart to different ideas.

I am thankful for what great care Mark takes of the things he has and how much he appreciates things that are given to him or done for him.  I am thankful for the friendship I have with Mark and the fact that he is part of our life not just because hes our child and we are his parents, but he truly shows interest in our lives and wanting to spend time with us.  We have had so many great memories that alot of parents may not get the opportunity to have with their adult children.

I am thankful for Marks love for the Lord and his desire to learn more about him and have a closer relationship with him.  I am thankful for his willingness to wittness about the Love Jesus has for us even at times that its not the easiest to do so.  I am very proud and thankful for how encouraging Mark has been to other family members with their music and Marks desire to help people sound the best they can.  Mark has a wonderful spirit that cares for and loves other people and I have felt so blessed to be able to be his mother.  I am thankful for his grace he has had for me as his Mom.  I remember talking to him once about me questioning if I was as good of a Mom to him at 19 and my early 20s as I was to Derek in my late 20s and 30s  His response was full of love and compassion when he said "Mom when someone does something, year to year they should definitely get BETTER at whatever they are doing, so I EXPECT you to be better now then you were that many years ago"  He has an awesome heart and I am honored that I have been given the blessing of being his Mother. 

No comments:

Post a Comment