Family

Family
Joy of my life!!

Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful For My Man Dan!!

One of the most important things I am thankful for is my husband.   The two of us have been thru so much and didnt have what you would call the easiest start.  We started dating when I was 22 years old and he had just turned 24 years old.  He had a 4 year old daughter and a 2 year old son.  I had a 3 year old son.  It was a second marraige for both of us.  Statistics dont prove for couples with this sort of start at this age to last much past the first couple of years. 

Thru the years, we have always been able to find a way to encourage eachother thru some very difficult times, love eachother despite our somewhat strong differences at times and most importantly we have always been able to laugh together. 

I am so thankful to have a husband like Dan.  Not only has he been there for me thru so much, but he has allowed me to be there for my children practically 100% of the time.  He was always supportive of me being a full time Mom and this is the best thing anyone has ever done for me.  I know he has made many sacrafices and worked many long hours to ensure there was a full time mother in our home for our children.  For this I will be forever thankful.  I love being able to be available for my children and my husband full time and I realize what a blessing this is. 

I am thankful for my husband for many reasons.   I love his faithfulness, his fun nature and how interactive he has been as a dad.  I love his sense of humor and his OBVIOUS good looks are a huge plus.  :)   I am very thankful to have a husband who enjoys family time, enjoys being at home and doesnt have the desire to run around with the guys all the time. 

Dan is probably the most forgiving persons I have ever met, which is good for me since I make my fair share of mistakes.  :)  One of the things I am most thankful regarding my husband is that he is a man of God.  He truly loves the Lord and he has shared so much with our family in the way of using his talents to glorify God.  I am so thankful that while we were in our late 20s we both came to a point that we desired a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and that from then forward we have tried to always make Jesus part of our marriage. 

When I hear of a older person losing their spouse, it just makes my heart ache but also makes me send a prayer up to the good Lord asking that I can grow old with Dan.  Just the thought of not having him with me thru this crazy thing called life is heartbreaking.  I am so thankful for the years we have had together and pray God has it planned for us to spend many more.   Its just one of those really great things in life that I never want to end.  :)  I love you Dan Quinby

No comments:

Post a Comment