Family

Family
Joy of my life!!

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Thankful for the Internet and Social Networking

I am thankful for the internet.  I think its absolutely amazing the wealth of information that can be found on the internet.  I remember when I was a young girl often thinking "Geeesh how much more can our world advance?"  I thought we were so advanced with our Radios, VCRS, Television, Ataris and Automobiles.  I seriously couldnt think of anything else that we could advance to.  I would have never in my wildest dreams imagined I would have a device sitting in my kitchen that I could jump on to look up a recipe, or how many quarts are in a gallon, or what movies are playing, or the enormous amounts of questions I have asked this thing we call the internet.  Unless you never had the internet, you dont realize how lucky you are to have so much at your fingertips.  Information that you once had to get on the phone and call around to find out, head to the library or local bookstore to get the information.  I remember once not being able to remember how to get my shampooer on my Kirby to work, guess who told me?  Mr Internet.   Yep Mr Internet has answered many questions for me and I am thankful for the convenience that some of you have no idea what it was like not to have. 

I am also thankful for social networking.  Life is busy and its hard to always keep up with everyone in our lives but thanks to facebook I can jump on and check for updates from my children, friends from church and even my old highschool friends whom although I dont get to see to much, I LOVE seeing pictures of their children and knowing whats going on in their lives.  I love being able to have the knowledge of what people may need prayer for and to be able to put it out there for so many to see and hopefully act on, when I or my family needs prayer as well  

I am very thankful for these things in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment